Policies and Procedures
Deposit for new clients:
- A deposit of $35 is required to book your massage appointment if you are a new client. This deposit will go towards the cost of your service.
- Your $35 deposit is forfeit if you miss your appointment or cancel without adequate notice.
- If you have a gift certificate or package, give us a call to book your service and we will waive the deposit.
- If you cancel or reschedule your appointment there is no cancellation fee. We understand life happens and plans may need to change.
- Please let us know by text or phone within 24 hrs of your appointment or as soon as possible.
- If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, cancel your session immediately or as soon as possible.
- As your massage therapist, we take all appointments seriously and do not cancel lightly. In the event that emergency or illness necessitates your appointment be canceled, we will inform you by phone as early as possible.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. We recommend arriving 5 to 10 minutes early for your first appointment. This will allow you to find our office, fill out paperwork, use the restroom, have a thorough intake with your massage therapist and start your appointment on time without feeling rushed.
- If circumstances demand, we may be able to accommodate up to 10 minutes of tardiness and allow you to receive your full massage time.
- If your massage starts more than 15 minutes past your scheduled appointment time, your session will be cut short. You will be charged the full cost of your service.
- Please let us know at least 24 hours in advance for any appointment cancelations.
- If we have not heard from you by 10 minutes past your appointment start time, you have missed your appointment and will not receive your massage as scheduled. You can reschedule at your convenience.
- If you paid a deposit and miss your appointment, your deposit will be forfeit.
- If you miss your first appointment, we will require non-refundable prepayment for your next session.
- Learn more about our health and safety protocol here.
- Face masks are currently required for clients and therapists. You will be required to wear a mask except when face down on the massage table.
- If you have a massage scheduled and are exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms, or have had a positive COVID-19 test, please cancel by phone or text 336-355-7067 as soon as possible.
- If you had COVID-19 and / or had a positive COVID-19 test, wait five days from the onset of your symptoms before receiving a massage.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a massage service in the event that inclement weather would jeopardize the safety of our therapists. In such a circumstance we would notify you by phone as early as possible.
- Greensboro Massage and Bodywork provides exclusively therapeutic massage therapy.
- Any inappropriate or lewd behavior on the part of clients will result in immediate termination of the session and the full payment for the session will be required before you exit the premises.
- Suggestive comments or solicitation of non-therapeutic services will not be tolerated, and will result in an internal client incident report being filed with possible suspension of client account and services with Greensboro Massage and Bodywork.
- We will not hesitate to contact the police for the protection of our therapists and staff.
- Clients must be 18 years of age or older to book and to receive massage.
Massage oil and essential oil:
- Our therapists work with a variety of massage oils, gels, or creams. If you have any sensitivities to smell or allergies, please let us know when you make your appointment and on site.
- We use pure, therapy grade essential oils. We have a selection of essential oils available on request for use during your appointment at no additional cost. Our most popular options are lavender, eucalyptus, and orange.
- We will only use our in-house products for your services.
Allergies or sensitivities:
- Please let us know if you have any allergies or sensitivities to smell both when booking your appointment and at the time of your service.
How We Operate:
- At your first appointment you will fill out an intake form with information about your current conditions. Please notify your therapist at subsequent appointments of any relevant changes to your health.
- Before each session starts your massage therapist will discuss with you any current or ongoing issues or conditions that may affect your service, and your goals for your session.
- Tell your therapist during your massage if you are experiencing discomfort or pain.
UNDRESSING AND DRAPING:
- After your intake discussion, your massage therapist will leave the room to allow you to undress to your level of comfort. After undressing, you will lay on the massage table underneath a sheet and blanket, fully covered.
- Your therapist will only undrape/ uncover the area of your body they are currently addressing. Your genitals, gluteal cleft, and breasts /pecs staying covered the entire time.
- If you feel too warm or too cold during your session, let us know: we can make adjustments to the table heat or with fans for your comfort.
- We accept all major credit cards, cash, Cash App, and Greensboro Massage and Bodywork Gift Cards (available for purchase online).
- For new clients a $35 deposit is required upon booking.
- For returning clients, payment is rendered at the end of your session.
- You may prepay for your appointment when you book online, or via a link in your massage appointment confirmation email.
- Please let us know you have a Gift Card or Package when booking your service, and present it to your therapist on arriving for your appointment.