Hendrickson Method™ is a unique system of orthopedic bodywork that offers highly effective functional rehabilitation, relieving both acute and chronic pain, while also being deeply relaxing. Your first session will include a period of assessment followed by 60 minutes of bodywork, performed fully clothed on a heated massage table, primarily without the use of lotion or oil.
We recommend you wear loose and comfortable clothing. Following your first session, your may book a 60 minute, 75 minute, or 90 minute Hendrickson Method session.
The Hendrickson Method was developed by Tom Hendrickson, a world-renowned authority in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction, after years of study in a variety of massage techniques and Eastern practices including Tai Chi and over 20 years of experience as a chiropractor.
The Hendrickson Method is founded on the following key principles:
- An Integrative Approach to Improve Optimal Function: Rather than focusing exclusively on muscles and fascia like many other massage methods, the Hendrickson Method provides comprehensive treatment addressing the joints and nervous system.
- Combining Rehabilitation and Relaxation: experience pain relieving and restorative therapy without losing the benefits of a relaxing massage.
- Healing Touch with Natural Rhythms: based on the internal energy healing of Tai Chi, the gentle, rhythmic oscillations of the strokes mimic ocean waves.
The Hendrickson Method Techniques Utilizes these Specific Advanced Techniques:
- Wave Mobilization Therapy™: based on energetic healing principles of Tai Chi, this technique involves gently rocking the body at the rhythm of the resting heart rate, regulating the nervous system for relaxation and healing.
- Joint Mobilization: acute and chronic pain is often caused by joint restriction or misalignment of the joints. The Hendrickson Method uses specific protocols to address the source of pain, restoring joint mobility and reducing pain.
- Muscle Energy Technique: a form of neuromuscular therapy that targets the nervous system wherein the practioner applies gentle pressure which you must resist. This restores malfunctioning nerves, improves proprioception, removes trigger points, strengthens muscles, relaxes tight muscles, and improves joints range of motion.
Benefits of Receiving the Hendrickson Method Include: