Policies and Procedures
- Greensboro Massage and Bodywork has no cancellation fees. We understand life happens and plans may need to change. Please let us know by text or phone within 24 hrs of your appointment or as soon as possible. This allows us to adjust our day accordingly.
- If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, cancel your session immediately or as soon as possible.
- When you make an appointment we make a commitment to be there for you. We take all appointments seriously and do not cancel lightly. In the event that emergency or illness necessitates your appointment be cancelled, we will inform you by phone as early as possible.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. We recommend arriving 10 minutes early for your first appointment. This will allow you to find our office, fill out paperwork, wash your hands, use the restroom, have a thorough intake with your massage therapist and still start your appointment on time without feeling rushed.
- If circumstances demand, we may be able to accommodate up to 10 minutes of tardiness and allow you to receive your full massage time.
- If your massage starts more than 15 minutes past your scheduled appointment time, your session will be cut short. You will be charged the full cost of your service.
- If you are 15 minutes late and we have not heard from you, you have missed your appointment and will not receive your massage as scheduled. However, you can reschedule at your convenience.
- If you have missed an appointment without contacting us, we will require non-refundable prepayment for your next session.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a massage service in the event that inclement weather would jeopardize the safety of our therapists. In such a circumstance we would notify you by phone as early as possible.
- We operate under an abundance of caution. Learn more about our COVID-19 protocol here.
- Masks are required for the duration of your appointment.
- If you have a massage scheduled and are exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms, or have had a positive COVID-19 test, please cancel by phone or text (336-355-7067) as soon as possible.
- If you had COVID-19 and/or had a positive COVID-19 test, wait one month from the onset of your symptoms before getting a massage.
Massage oil and essential oil:
- We generally use fractionated coconut oil for our massage services, but have other oils or massage lotions available by request. Fractionated coconut oil is clear and odorless and not necessary to wash off after your session.
- We use pure, therapy grade essential oils. We have a selection of essential oils available on request for use during your appointment at no additional cost. Our most popular options are lavender, eucalyptus, and citrus.
- Our Ultimate Foot Treatment is naturally fragrance free, using unscented sea salt scrub and pure raw shea butter that has a naturally sweet and slightly nutty aroma.
- We will only use our in-house products for your services.
Allergies or sensitivities:
- Please let us know if you have any relevent allergies or sensitivities to smell both when booking your appointment and at the time of your service. We may be able to accomadate your needs.
- See "Massage Oil and Essential Oil" (above) for a brief description of the products we use. For further information, contact us at 336-355-7067.
Addressing the body:
- At your first appointment you will fill out an intake form with information about your current conditions. Please notify your therapist at subsequent appointments of any relevant changes to your health.
- Before each session starts your massage therapist will discuss which areas of the body you would or would not like addressed.
- Tell your therapist if anything during your massage is causing discomfort or pain.
UNDRESSING AND DRAPING:
- Your massage therapist will leave the room so that you may undress to your level of comfort. After undressing, you will lay on the massage table underneath a sheet and blanket, fully covered.
- Your therapist will only undrape/ uncover the area of your body they are currently addressing. Your pelvic area and chest will stay covered the entire time.
- If you feel too warm or too cold during your session, let us know: we can make adjustments for your comfort.
- We accept all major credit cards, cash, Apple Pay, Cash App, and Greensboro Massage and Bodywork Gift Certificates (available for purchase online).
- Payment is rendered at the end of your session.
- You may prepay for your appointment via a link in your appointment confirmation email.
- Please let us know you have a Gift Certificate or Package when booking your service, and present it to your therapist on arriving for your appointment.